Friday, April 16, 2010

My visit to Fabric Chicks, Hancock Fabrics, JoAnn Fabrics and Shabby Fabrics

For a fabric lover, it won't seem too extreme to shop at all of these stores within one week.  We'll it is true I did accomplish this and also worked 40 hours this week and managed to get a few other things done.  The weather is beautiful here in Washington today so I did spend an hour or so weeding one of the flower beds this afternoon.  The flower beds, which look a little neglected are a story for another day. 
Lets get to the fabric!
The first purchase I made was from Shabby Fabrics, they send me e-mail messages about their latest sales and new fabrics and kits and of course I have to take a peek. 
This is what I bought. 


The Jelly Roll on the left and the fabric underneath are from Shabby Fabrics
The other Jelly Roll I picked up at Pacific Fabrics a month or so ago.
I have plans for both, a project from the book pictured below.

My book is from the library but it is a book that I will probably buy

The next stop on my fabric shopping adventure was Hancock Fabrics. 
I have been looking at this decorator fabric for a couple of weeks. 
It was in the clearance section for $5 a yard. 
I hesitated to buy it because it is bold and if I use it upstairs in the livingroom or our bedroom I will have to make other changes.  So after thinking about it I went back and bought enough to make curtains and pillows for the bedroom downstairs which will get a redo when our youngest son David moves out this summer.  We aren't kicking him out by the way, he is getting married.

The upholstery webbing is for another project
which I hope to do very soon.

Now that I have seen the fabric here at home I may have to go back for the last 5 yards on the roll.

My next stop was JoAnn fabrics. 
I received 2 gift cards for JoAnn's for my birthday. 
Thanks, Jen and Becky. 
I bought more fabric for the cloth bags I posted pictures of earlier and a large floor pillow form for the project with the webbing above and some essential rotary blades for my rotary cutter.

The bags are shown here in a post I did earlier


Now I want to tell you about one of my FAVORITE fabric shops in this area. 
It is called Fabric Chicks and it is located at 
101 NW Coveland Street
 Coupeville, Washington.
I travel around Whidbey Island once a month for my work and often stop for lunch in Coupeville.  A few months back I came across this lovely shop with wonderful fabrics and books.  Best of all, the owner Melanie was so helpful and pleasant it is just a delight to spend time in her shop.  If you ever get the chance to stop in Coupville, especially you fabric lovers, don't miss Fabric Chicks.  
The hours are Wednesday - Saturday  10 to 4
So now to show you what I bought.

The Jelly Roll is Rural Jardin by French General


The 2 bottom pieces are projects in the process that Melanie helped me with.
They are going to be gifts so I can't show you now.

I have made a decision to stay away from fabric stores for a little while.  At least until I have some projects completed 
 or I may just have to look at fabric for more inspiration.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you are going to be busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a non-sewer, I can only imagine what beautiful things you'll be creating. I can't wait to see, the fabric all looks lovely!

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so welcome :)
    I cannot wait to see all that you create!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooo, I like all of your treasures.
    I think of fabric as art, even if I never make anything from it, it gives me such pleasure to just line it up on my desk and look at it....

    ReplyDelete