Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Brown Bag of Treasures

Those of you who know me know that I love to work with old linens, fabrics and crocheted lace.  I pick things up here and there from time to time and make something out of the worn pieces when I get the chance.  A week ago or so a friend at church asked if I would be interested in some things she had for several years and had not been using and had no plans to do so in the future.  She said that she had seen that I has purchased similar items at Goodwill and garage sales and would I like the items she had.  I said that I would and the next time I saw her this is what she brought to me.

Any linen lover would have a hard time waiting to see what is inside.

This is everything laid out on my dining room table

Closer views


I think I have an idea for this piece already

Sweet birds!  I bought a pillow made from something similar at "Farm Chicks" this year

I love the color of this crochet work


Another picture of the items inside the brown shopping bag.

Thank you so much Katrina for thinking of me and sharing  these lovely pieces with me.  I will keep you posted on how they are used.  I just can't get distracted by them until after Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. How lucky can one get there beautiful ,I'll be watching to see what you do with them .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! What a wonderful gift! I love the needle work birdies! so adorable, can't wait to see what make with these goodies!

    Hugs'
    Catlyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry, these are wonderful! What a bag of goodies. The birdies are adorable.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry~
    I am SO happy that you may be able to use them! It's so much nicer than spending more years in my closet :)
    Love katrina

    ReplyDelete