Saturday, May 28, 2011

Lilacs and My Mystery Quilt

I was ab;e to catch a few pictures of the Lilac bush in our front yard.  It seems that because of the weather I have missed some of the plants blooming in the yard.  Just before the hail began I was able to snap a few pictures and cut a few flowers.


We have not had spots like this on the leaves before, I hope it is just this years weather causing the problem.

Lilacs in my Flora Doora

This was my Flora Doora with Tulips

I put lilacs in several places around the house.


 I was pointing out both the lilacs and tulips because my Mystery Quilt has both in it.  I had a great time with this and learned a few new things.  I have always known that cutting things out accurately is an important step in sewing.  I made a couple of mistakes that reminded me how important that is but plugged on and made it work.   I cut one of the pinwheel blocks too small so decided to use it in place of another block and had to make another pinwheel.   I really like the way my quilt turned out.  Thank you Tonya at Hillbillly Handiworks for the sew along and all of your hard work.


  I plan to do a little quilting practice on my machine when I finish this project.  I will share the totally finished project when it it totally finished.  I think I see the sun peeking out, I should take advantage and work a little in my backyard garden. 
 Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Your mystery quilt is beautiful! I love the lavender colors - Like spring flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the lilacs are so awesome! I almost bought a bush this spring. Love the quilt!! You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty! I did the same when I quilted mine. It has a whole mish mash of different types of quilting on it. I just wanted to learn this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Lilacs! And what a great way to use up your boo boo block. It really looks great. Love the purples too.

    ReplyDelete