Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Tree Day

We had our traditional Christmas Tree Party on the first Saturday in December.  This year it was also our daughter Amy's birthday. 
We all get out to the local tree farm at 9am and each family goes hunting for the "perfect" tree.  This group includes each of our children that live in this area and four of my sisters and their families that are able to come. 

Each of our children who were able to be there posed standing beside the trees they had chosen.





I am not sure about the setting on my camera , the sky seems to glow.


After finding trees there was time for hot chocolate and a little visiting.


We come back to the house for and amazing breakfast of wonderful egg dishes, caramel rolls, pumpkin muffins, cream cheese bread, bacon, coffee, juice, fruit and everyone is stuffed but happy.
Part of our tradition for this day is to make ornaments.  We try to make something different each year and some of us make several.  This year we made felt trees and paper santas.
I did not think to take pictures of the creative ornaments made by others but I do have my "Who ville" tree and my Santa to share with you.


It was a fun day spent with family.

Now two weeks have passed and I think I had better get that tree we cut decorated.  It does have lights on it though.  Our grandson Caleb has stopped asking if we have any ornaments, it is hard for a six year old to understand how we can wait so long to decorate our tree.  
I will have to get it done today because they will be here tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sherry,
    Oh wow, your tree is totally beautiful!!!! Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family--and thanks so much for entering my giveaway!!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete