Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Beginner's Quilt-Along

I decded to join in the Beginner's Quilt-Along hosted by Pat Sloan.  I have been learning to quilt this past year or so and always learn something new by participating in events like this.


The fabrics below are what I chose to use for this quilt.  I purchased these from Melanie at Fabric Chicks without a project in mind.  Visit the Fabric Chicks website to see the great deals on beautiful fabric.  The fabric line is Lily and Will by Bunny Hill.  I think I may add another pink to the stack, we'll see.

Block 1

Block 2

The blocks are 12 inches square, quick and fun to do.  I learn a trick or two with each block.  It's not too late to join in.  Visit Pat Sloan's Learning Center and get started.  Block 3 is ready to go, maybe I will get the chance to work on it today.  Oh, I almost forgot, I won an iron for posting about this Quilt Along on my sidebar.  I will share it with you when it arrives.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the win and your blocks look lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky girl! I love the fabrics you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks Good! One of these days I want to try some quilting!! Definitely on my to do list! But first I need to finish some projects!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sherry,

    Congrats on winning your iron! Your quilt blocks are gorgeous and you make it look so easy to combine prints.

    ReplyDelete