Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Time of Rest

A few weeks ago my husband and I had a time to go away and rest.  We headed for one of our favorite places, the Pacific ocean.
 
From our  rustic but cozy space we were able to sit and look at the Northwest gray skies
 
 
Watch the sun set.

 
Enjoy the views from the deck.


 
Work a couple of jig saw puzzles
 

Take a drive and find a few garage sales.
 
 
Twenty five cent linens, a seventy five cent little sign, twenty five cent  little glass pitcher and three dollars for the cream and sugar and little tray.  We also bought a planter for three dollars that I didn't take a picture of and I plan to fill it soon.


 
We took pictures of the flowers blooming on the path to the beach.


 
We enjoyed walking on the beach.
 
 
Fording streams.


 
And looking at the clouds.
 
 

 
I am thankful for restful times like this.

3 comments:

  1. I love garage sales. Beautiful treasures you found. My hubby and I missed our weekend away this year. Our daughter was with us so.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very restful, wonderful trip! Glad you were able to getaway. Have a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are adorable, Sherry :)

    ReplyDelete