Sunday, January 5, 2014

Stocking Swap

Michele Foster of Quilting Gallery sponsored a Stocking Swap in November.  We were given a pattern designed by Leena Green of Stitching Cow to use to make our stockings for our swap partners.  
Lynda of New Zealand was my swap partner.  She asked if I would like Christmas fabrics or something that reflects New Zealand.  I chose New Zealand.

This is what she sent to me

Kia ora is a Maori language greeting which has entered New Zealand English.. It means literally "be well/healthy" and is translated as an informal "hi" . I took this info from Wikipedia, I hope it is accurate.





I had great fun with this swap.  I just heard from Lynda about receiving her package.  It made it to her safely, we sent our packages at about the same time.

The stockings I made for Lynda.

An ornament showing the Seattle skyline and the Christmas ships.


I also sent her and embroidered ornament I made last year the design from the Aurifil thread designers blog hop.  I always enjoy joining swaps and meeting people all over the world.  There hasn't been much time for that this year and I am glad I was able to participate in this one.

1 comment:

  1. What neat little stocking! I'm sure she loved yours also.

    ReplyDelete