Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fall Table Runner and Candle Mat

In August I bought a little charm pack of fall fabric so that I could participate in  a quilting tutorial done by at Hillbilly Handiworks.
I started out fine with the project and at about day three I was distracted by many different things going on and was not able to keep up with the tutorial.  I got back to it this weekend and finished the project.  Here is my table runner and candle mat.  I am really happy with the way they turned out and learned a little more about piecing and quilting.

Table Runner

Candle Mat

Every piece of fabric from the "charm pack" was used in this project.

Here is my entry table before the "Fall fix up"

Another view of our beat up entry table.

Entry table with new table runner and some fall decorations.

The charm pack I used had some brighter colors than I usually use when sewing for our home but I thought this would be fun and I like the way it turned out.

Candle mat with special fall candle given to me by my "Secret Prayer Partner" last year. 
It smells so good!  Thanks, Kayla.

This was a fun project and I hope to try more in other colors.  Thank you to Hillbilly Handiworks for all of the work that went in to doing this on line tutorial.


Linking to Make it 4 Monday at Cottage Instincts and
Show off your Cottage Monday at House in the Roses

19 comments:

  1. Wow what a difference that makes. It gives a wonderful fall touch. Of course, in my house it wouldn't last on the table but it would be used as a dolly blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!! I'd never thought to put a table runner anywhere but the dining room table - You've got me thinking now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job! Your table looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cheery fall runner! I don't do much handwork anymore, but I know the pleasure of making something beautiful by hand. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The runner and candle mat is beautiful. You did a great job and I love the colors they put together for you to use.

    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. You always make the prettiest things. And I love that giant acorn, and the idea of writing on a leaf, and the little framed print, and...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The runner is lovely and I love the colors you used-great job!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! Maybe one day I will have about 1% of your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sherry,
    I am so glad to "meet" you. My husband is a minister and we have pastored in the past, but are not at the moment. Who knows what God has in store for us, we are just remaining open to Him. I added this once I saw on the side bar that you are a Pastor's wife.
    Thanks for stopping by my little cottage. I appreciate the visit and I sure hope you come back. I will bookmark yours for a return visit also.
    I love your quilted table runner. The colors are so perfect for Fall! The candle runner is also very sweet. Your Autumn decor is looking good! Aren't the colors for this season just so warm and lovely? I love them.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What pretty runner. All of the fabrics look so nice together. I love the candle mat idea too!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, great table runners, i love them all, i would love to have them all in my home to display them on various occasions

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job, it looks so beautiful, bravo:))
    I am your newest follower, have a nice day:))
    Greetings from Europe, Biljana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Sherry. I gave you a blog award. You can read about it here.

    http://prayersformymom.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-blog-award-and-passing-it-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Since I am on vacation, I hadn't seen this at first. LOVE your mat! The colors are so warm and inviting to fall!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm dragging out my MIL's quilt scraps now. I live in a very small place so I can't really make a quilt. This table runner is perfect. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is beautiful!!

    I spent a good part of the night quilting mine...and now I can't wait to buy another charm pack because it turned out cute. I will blog the quilting part of mine and about this one of yours today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I follow Tonya's blog and this piece of art you made following her tutorial is wonderful!
    You must be thrilled with it :) xx

    ReplyDelete