Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Joyful Heart

Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see Him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory.
I Peter 1: 8

I made this heart for a swap at Mosaic Magpie
Scroll back throuh some of  Deb's older posts and see many more hearts.  Each of those who participated will be surprised when their heart arrives in the mail.


It is hard to see the detail but I added beads that can be seen if you click on the picture to enlarge it.


This is the back of course but I snapped my pictures and sent the heart off before noticing that the pics were blurry.

There is a little tune running through my head this morning.
It is a little song using the words from the end of

Nehemiah 8:10
For the joy of the Lord is your strength.

I think that is a good reminder for starting a new week.

11 comments:

  1. It's very pretty and dainty. I like the way you attached the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heart is filled with joy! And my heart is too, my youngest daughter was baptised today!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. The heart is amazing..I love it. Have a good week. I will be traveling to Tucson for the Gem show. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sherry -- I love, love, love this heart! So sweet! I want to sew. I want to embroider. I want to make things from felt. I want to come to your house so you can give me lessons. HA! Best wishes for a beautiful day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nehemiah 8:10 is one of my favorite verses! Your little heart is adorable...what a lovely little Valentine gift it would make!
    Thank you so much for stopping by tonight...and for your lovely comment. I hope you enjoyed some beautiful moments during your walk with the dog!
    Have a beautiful week~
    ;-D Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherry
    Isn't it amazing how God's joy gives us strength - that even though things around us are crashing we can have joy in it! That joy comes from the knowledge that God has given us a challenge to overcome by trusting in Him and growing in faith through it so we become stronger in the Lord, so that we are overcomers.
    Great reminder today Sherry.
    Blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful little Valentine heart! So pretty! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this little heart ~ and the verse is a wonderful reminder. "The joy of the Lord" is my strength too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beautiful heart, the embroidery is just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Sherry:
    I'm the veeerrryy lucky recipient of your beautiful heart. I'm just thrilled with it, and was tickled when I realized it came from your hands! I photographed it and it's part of my Valentine's Day post tomorrow. Thank you for creating such a lovely piece for the swap. I'll treasure it always.
    Happy Valentine's Day, my friend.
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete