Monday, March 19, 2012

We Need a Touch of Spring Around Here

When I opened the front door to go to church yesterday morning this is what I saw.   The snowflakes were huge.   It was a slow and slippery drive to church.


I had the day off today so the first thing I decided to do was add a touch of spring to the inside of the house.  It was still pretty cold outside.


I pulled out a spring tablecloth and realized that I had to shorten the table, which is extended to the maximum.  Then I had another idea. I have two of the same tablecloth, I will sew them together to fit the table fully extended.  We leave it that way so that it is ready for the family to visit each week.

I laid the two table clothes side by side to match the design.

Of course, they were a little off and didn't quite match up.

Here they are sewn together.  The bunny has two noses but I don't think anyone will notice but me.

Here it is, table fully extended with a tablecloth that fits.

I pulled out a few spring decorations to brighten things up.

I make these paper bunnies many years ago, this one I made for my Mom




This planter was a Christmas gift from some dear friends.  The nest and eggs say spring.


Oh, and we can't forget to share my "Peeps"

I am trying to add some spring to other parts of the house but we'll try to share that another day.
Happy Almost Spring!
I am linking to Bunny Jeans Blog Hop

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! Not snow! It has been so beautiful here, I just know it's teasing us. Your snow will probably be on its way to us soon. I don't even want to think about it!

    Your touches of Spring are all so pretty. Hopefully, they'll melt that snow away for you!
    I love the tablecloth (great idea to sew 2 together) and your Peeps garland is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, all that snow! We didn't get any. It was very strange. And has been in the 80's for almost a week. Even more strange. We've been outside taking advantage for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely touch of much needed Spring you added!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is snowing here too. I am in Oregon. I am hoping for pretty spring weather..someday! It looks like you live in a beautiful neighborhood. Drive carefully!

    ReplyDelete