Monday, April 30, 2012

Simple Things

I am still working on my Block of the Month projects whenever I can but have not completed much this week.  I hope to check out how the others participating in Rehab at the Pink Pincushion are coming along.

 This block is the February Block from Aurifil Threads Designer of the Month series.  I put the finishing touches on this block this weekend.

A month or so back we took our pictures off the wall, painted and did not put many things back up.  Some of my blogging friends encouraged me to get some things back up on the wall.  I have thought about it but have not taken any action.  Today I hung two bird pictures on the left of the window to match the two that were already hanging on the right side.  That simple project was therapy for me, I guess because I was motivated to do a little more

Left side


Right side

The little more meant moving a few little birds around the house so that they can spend a little time in a new space.  It gives us all another view of things.



The best part is that after doing a little shuffling of decor I was motivated.  I have washed all slipcovers, throw covers, pillow covers and anything else I could find.  The throw rugs on the floor come next. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got some things back on the wall. Why not surround yourself with pretty things to look at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just been spending some time catching up on your blog. Between grandbabies and mystery quilts and BOM's you are a busy lady! Enjoy May for ME!

    ReplyDelete