Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sewing This and That

My sewing machine and I have not spent much time together these past few weeks.  Pat and I were able to take a wonderful trip to Wisconsin to see Julie and Brad and the kids.  I did use Julie's machine to finish the back tab curtains for their bedroom.  I wish I had a picture to share, they look great and I love the fabric Julie chose.  I do have a picture of our adorable grandchildren to share with you.  We went to the pumpkin patch so they could each pick out a pumpkin and we spent Saturday morning carving them.
 
As you can see, it is never easy to get four children to look at the camera at the same time.
 
I have done a little stitching since returning home so I will share that with you.
 
This is my Fire and Rain mini quilt top for Konda's Mini Quilt Along  at Moose on the Porch Quilts.
I plan to machine quilt this and make it into a pillow.
 
 
Now I have to get busy and complete the quilt top.

 
 
This is my mini quilt for the Friendship Embroidery Mini Swap.  My quilt has been sent off to Germany.    I am looking forward to receiving my mini from my swap partner.
 

 
I have many pictures loaded on my blog ready for posting, just have to find the time and energy for a bit of writing.   Wow, it is almost the weekend again!  I hope you have a good one.


3 comments:

  1. A trip to visit grandchildren is the best! We have the same "problem" getting our four grands to look at the camera...the process is always so much fun!

    I love the piece you did for your mini quilt swap...can't wait to see what you receive in return! Someday I'm going to learn to quilt. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a lovely visit with your sweet grand-kiddos. Your swap partner is very lucky to receive that sweet mini=quilt. Best wishes for a wonderful weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice picture of you with your precious grandchildren. Love what you stitched on your mini quilt; your partner will be so thrilled.

    ReplyDelete